Rotary E-Clubs are a lot like other Rotary clubs: they meet weekly, carry out service projects, support The Rotary Foundation, and socialize with each other. So what’s different about e-clubs? You join your meeting online when it’s convenient for you, day or night, any day of the week.
HOW DOES AN E-CLUB OPERATE?
E-Club members use webinars, videoconferencing, message boards, instant messaging, or tools like Skype and Google Hangout to communicate. For example, a club member might post content online for that week’s meeting, then other members join the discussion throughout the week. Some e-club members also meet in person at service projects, social activities or the RI Convention.
Any Rotarian can make up a missed meeting by participating in an e-club online meeting. Find an E-Club.
WHO CAN JOIN AN E-CLUB?
Members can be from anywhere in the world. Some e-clubs focus their membership in a particular region or community.
An e-club could be right for you if you:
- Have a busy schedule and need a flexible meeting time
- Live in different places throughout the year
- Travel frequently
- Have limited mobility
- Live in an area without a nearby Rotary club
HOW DO I START AN E-CLUB?
First contact your district governor who will help you get started.
- A dedicated website
- Founding members who are able to manage the club’s website
- An online meeting platform to host meetings
- Private sections of the website that only members can access to protect members’ online personal data
- Online financial transaction systems that allow members to pay dues, make donations, or process payments
- The ability for visiting Rotarians to make up a club meeting
E-clubs are responsible for all costs associated with purchasing a URL and hosting their website on the Internet.